How to create Class fees
- Navigate to Classes> Select one of your classes (Specific name) > Fees > Class Fees, click on “+ Add Fee” and select the type of Fees you want to create (One-off, Monthly, Periodic)
- On the pop-up window fill in the related details:
- Description (name), Cost (per occurrence):
- Due date (for one-off fees)
- Start date & Occurrences (for monthly Fees)
- Start date, Occurrences & Recurring interval (for periodic Fees
- click on Save
How to assign Class Fees to Students in bulk
- To assign Class Fees to Students in bulk navigate to Classes > Class (Specific name) > Fees.
- Click on “Apply to registered Students”.
- And confirm your decision on the pop-up window.
How to assign Class Fees to a Student
If you prefer to assign Class Fees on student level (and not in bulk) you have the following options:
How to assign fees to a student the moment you enroll them to a class
You may create Class Fees in advance and assign them to students the moment you enroll them to that particular class.
Steps to follow
- Navigate to Student (Specific name) > Classes(tab) > and click on “+ Register to Class” on the top right-hand corner.
- On the pop-up window
- Choose the Class (dropdown list) you want to register that student to
- Select which predefined Class Fees(dropdown list) you wish to assign to that student
- Click Save
You may enroll a student to a class and decide to assign fees later on.
Steps to follow
Navigate to Student(Specific name) > Financial > Fees. There you’ll see all the classes this student has been enrolled to along with the fixed Class fees next to each class name.
To assign class fees
- Click on the green-colored fees(with plus + sign next to them) ones to assign them to the student.Green-colored fees are unassigned while grey-colored ones are the ones you have already assigned to that student.
- Confirm your decision on the pop-up window.
To create and assign extra fees
Click on +Add fee, fill in the fee details and click Save.
How to apply discounts to fees assigned to Students (Student level)
Navigate to Student(Specific name) > Financial > Fees. There you’ll see all the fees you have assigned to that student (Class Fees and Extras).
Click on Apply Discount and fill in the discount details on the pop-up window (percentage % or the amount on the currency you have preselected)
How to view/edit/delete the Fees you have created
This article is a quick walkthrough guide for when you need to inspect all the Fees you have assigned.
It may be really useful for when you’re ready to create respective invoices[learn more here
] or for when the person responsible to create the fees and the person responsible to issue invoices are different.
To view all the fees you have created for a specific class navigate to Classes > Class (specific name) > Fees.
There you’ll see all the Fees you have created for that specific Class along with pertinent details(Description,Type,Start Date,Occurrences, Cost/Installment,Total)
Click on Applied to to see the list of students that have been charged with it.
- Click on the three dots at the right-hand side of the respective row and then click on Edit.
- On the pop-up window you may change the Description, the Start Date and the Cost of that Fee.
- Click on Save.
To remove a Fee from a Class you first need to dissociate it from students enrolled in this Class. To do so, make sure you delete this Fee from the profile of each student it has been assigned to:
Navigate to Student > Financial > Fees and click on preferred Delete(Unpaid).
Once you’re done with deleting it from all students profiles you may delete it from the Class:
Navigate to Class > Fees, click on three dots next to the Class Fee you want to delete and then click Delete
Fees assigned to a Student
To view the list of Fees you have assigned to a specific Student navigate to Students > Student (Specific Profile) > Financial > Fees
There you’ll see all the Fees you have assigned to that specific Student along with pertinent details(Description,Type,Start Date,Occurrences, Cost/Installment,Total)
Click on View details and inspect related information(Due Date, Cost, Discount, Final Cost, Status)
To edit a Fee assigned to a Student click on View Details and then click on Edit on the respective row. You may change the Due Date, the Cost or modify/apply Discount.
Note here that you are able to edit only Pending Fees. Paid and Invoiced Fees cannot be modified.
Fees associated with a Family
Navigate to Families > Family (Specific Guardian) > Financial > Fees.
There you’ll be able to view Fees grouped in categories (Class Fees, Other Fees etc.) for all the students this Guardian is responsible for.
To edit/Delete each Student’s Fees follow the process as described here
How different roles view Fees within DreamClass
Teachers by default are not able to view tuition fees from their portal (unless you have provided them with full access as administrators).
As a student you are able to login to your portal and inspect all of your Fees details.
Steps to follow
Navigate to My details > Financial > Fees and view all of your fees
- Class fees grouped by Class
- Other Fees
- Paid Fees from Unregistered Classes*
*The history of your payments pertain to the classes you are no longer registered to. There you’ll be able to see the list of fees for which you have paid the respective invoices in full.
You may click on View details view all related information:
- Due Date
- Final Cost
- Status(Pending, Invoiced,Paid)
As a Guardian you are able to view the list of Fees assigned to each one of the students you are responsible for. To do so, login to your portal and navigate to My Invoices > My Fees.